Monday, July 5, 2010

Vegetable Adventures

Ok, this is the second post in one day but the first post had nothing to do with the garden.  I decided I had to do something with my rogue pumpkins.  I cooked them, pureed them, and put it in the freezer.  Then, I roasted the pumpkin seeds.  All in all, I think this took more effort than it was really worth.  Maybe I'll appreciate it in November.


The massacre.  



One potential bummer, it's not as orange as I expected and it didn't really smell pumpkiny (new word).  It may have been wasted effort.  I ended up with 2 quarts.



This is for my dear friend Julie - I made these pumpkin seeds for you...but I keep eating them!!!!  It's the thought that counts, right?



Because I have a never-ending supply of squash, I looked for the ultimate squash casserole recipe.  Ms. Deen never disappoints, check this out.  I went back for thirds.  It is AWESOME!


I am not the only busy garden girl today.  My wonderful friend Melina has spent the day canning tomatoes with her mom.  She dropped this jar off on my front porch.  I am so excited!  I have really been enjoying giving (and receiving) the gift of food.  I can't wait to try to do some tomatoes myself.  Canning rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment