Sunday, October 31, 2010

Turning the page

During 2010, I have done so many new things in the homemaking realm.  I've sewn, gardened, cooked, baked, made jelly, tried my hand at a fully decorated cake with fondant icing, and the list goes on.  I am so thankful that I now know I can do all these activities.  I definitely hope to pick it back up someday.  Unfortunately, Kevin and I are divorcing...I am soon going to be a single girl on my own (and with my sweet dog Stoli of course).  I need to do what the single girls do.  Know what?  I have no flippin' clue what single girls do.  I guess that is what happens when you meet your husband at age 20, get married at 23, and divorce at age 30.  I've spent the last 10 years in a committed relationship and to say I am a little lost is an understatement.  I'm just going to do what I always do...I'm going to figure it out.

Here's what I do know:

1. I'm done being Suzy Homemaker.  I have no desire to do anything domestic right now.  I don't even feel like making Kraft Dinner.  

2.  Laundry for one is something I am currently enjoying.

3.  Moving from a 2600 sq ft house to a 755 sq ft apartment is scary and liberating.  

4. I'm going to miss my garden grown tomatoes.

5. My new activities are reading and working out.  I've always enjoyed reading...now I'll just do more of it.  Working out is important because I need to take care of me.  Dating is not even close to being on my mind right now, but one day it probably will be (eek!) and of course I would like to look good.

6.  I am blessed with the best family and friends a girl could ask for.  Everyone has shown me so much support, it is truly amazing.

7.  I am thankful for a friendly divorce (if that is possible).  Kevin and I have been so kind to each other throughout this process.  I wish more people would try to have civil divorces.

I guess that is it.  Life, even when it is really sucky, is pretty awesome.  I am going to get through this (that is what I keep telling myself) and come out on the other side a stronger person.  Clearly, my blog theme will be changing a little but I still hope to keep things interesting.  Much love to all!


5 comments:

  1. Hugs, Season! Been thinking of you lots lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your strength. it's refreshing and i feel everyone needs it! did you read eat, pray love? i recommend it. hugs, dear! big things in store for you my friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep positive, Season. There is a whole new world out there waiting for you. Pace yourself and be good to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you and love all the new blog entrys!!

    ReplyDelete