Sunday, September 26, 2010

What's going on?

This is a pretty random blog post of what I've been doing lately.  I've realized an unintentional benefit of blogging, photo recovery.  My hard drive crashed recently and I lost all of my pictures from this year, or so I thought.  All of my important pictures are on my blog, so all is well in the world.  This blog entry isn't very interesting and may seem a little self-indulgent, but I really want to blog about my life...that way, if/when the hard drive crashes again I'm covered.  So this is what I've been up to:

One of my favorite happenings as of late is our (Kevin and I) idea to get out and go walking on Sunday.  So far, we've done the Wade Mountain Greenway, the Indian Creek Greenway, and the Green Mountain Nature Trail.

Kevin on the Indian Creek Greenway:
Photobucket

Pictures of Kevin and I on the Green Mountain Nature Trail:
Photobucket

Photobucket

My friends and I continue to participate in Extreme Sports (ha!)...this week was a fun kayak trip down the Flint River:

My $7 CVS river shows make another appearance
Photobucket

Group shot in the dark with freaky eyes
Photobucket

The funniest thing happened while we were on the river.  Us semi-uncoordinated ladies made an accidental dam with our kayaks.  Kari, trying to avoid the mayhem created her own incident...she got stuck in a tree.  It was HILARIOUS!  Maybe you just had to be there (I got a picture of the action in between violent laughter).
Photobucket

A couple of weeks ago, I hosted a Scentsy party at my house.  It was a lot of fun to hang out with friends (some of which I hadn't seen in ages).  This is the smelling station.  It was so much fun to compare what other noses liked and disliked.
Photobucket

Back to the kitchen.  I recently made my first lattice top pie.  This is a picture of the pre-oven pie.  It was peachy and tasty!
Photobucket

Last night I made a Blueberry Dream Pie (my mom used to make these when we were growing up and I love it!), and recipe is as follows:

Using homemade or a store-bought roll-out pie crust, line the front and sides of the pie plate, poke all over with a fork, and bake at 425 until golden.  Cool.  Prepare 2 envelopes of Dream Whip (found on the baking isle of the grocery store) according to the directions on the package.  Mix in one 8oz block of cream cheese and a cup of confectioners sugar and blend until creamy.  Put mixture into pie crust and refrigerate for a few hours.  Lastly, add a can of blueberry pie filling on top and spread carefully.  Enjoy!  Yum!
Photobucket

Perhaps the coolest thing I've done is fulfill a jelly destiny (I'm so cheesy and dramatic).  A little brainstorming session with my little sister, Scarlet, gave me the best idea ever...jelly made from Capri Suns!  I would now like to introduce to you, Surfer Cooler Jelly.

Photobucket

Disturbing side note - This is the amount of sugar that went into the pot.  Eek!  Eat Jelly sparingly.
Photobucket

And, the finished product, TA-DA!!!!
Photobucket

Happy Fall Ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. I upload my pictures to snapfish.com I had a similar computer crash incident....

    Love the pie!!! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete