Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Fun Times Outside of the Garden: Part 2



We left for Chicago on our 7th Anniversary, August 21st, to see the Windy City and a BRAVES/Cubs game at Wrigley Field.  A few things I learned in Chicago:

1.  Hotel Parking is $50 per 24 hour period...are you kidding me?
2.  Public transportation is $5.75/per day for all of the bus and "L" riding your heart can handle...SCORE!
3.  Everyone rides bikes in Chicago (even ladies in heels).  Re: #1, I am not surprised.
4.  Everyone seems skinny in Chicago (with the exception of #5), it made me want to lose weight. Re:  #3.
5. All Chicago Bears fans look like Dick Butkus, even the lady fans.
6. The hot dogs are all I dreamed of and then some.
7. The pizza isn't all that, but I am glad I tried it.
8. Dunkin' Donuts are all over the place.
9. People are pretty nice and I felt completely safe walking around the city.
10. When we go back I want to do a boat tour, see Millennium Park, go to the Sky Deck at the Willis Tower, and eat at many more places.

Here are some pictures of our adventure!

The Midlife Crisis Museum a.k.a The Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY




A cool barn in Indiana

 Crazy Windmill Shot...these things are HUGE!


More Super Freaky Windmills in Indiana


View from our room at the Hyatt Regency Chicago on the Chicago River



Chicago Skyline from the Navy Pier


Chicago River


Kevin and a super tall building


These buildings had really neat parking garages





Headed to the Red Line


Kevin drinking a New Castle at Harry Caray's before the game


View from our seats...not too shabby.  Ending Score:  Braves 16 Cubs 5, such a spanking!


My 2 Favorite Things, Kevin and a HUGE Kraft Dinner noodle.  Amen.


Marking one off the bucket list...Kevin in front of Wrigley Field


View of Chicago from our room at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place


View of Soldier Field from our hotel room


Lake Michigan is so pretty.  I felt like I was at the beach with water as far as the eye can see!


My love.

Awesome (and cheesy) Segway tour of Chicago.

No comments:

Post a Comment