Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sometimes you just have to keep it light.

So, I've been doing a lot of reading. I'm really all over the place with my book selections. I did finish The Shack last weekend and it was really good.

Next, I needed something a little lighter/funny/guilty pleasureish (new word). I am now reading another one of Jen Lancaster's masterpiece memoirs, Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover If Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie Is Not the Answer. This book is HILARIOUS! I feel like she steals my thoughts and writes them (and makes a lot of money for it probably...if I could find a way to prove it I'd press for royalties). There is only one book left by Lancaster that I haven't read, Pretty in Plaid: A Life, A Witch, and a Wardrobe, or, the Wonder Years Before the Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smart-Ass Phase and that one is next (although I wonder if I need to save it in case I come upon some hard times and need a pick-me-up...Jen - get to writing more! I need you!).

I'm off for a cold run outside. This new year is already awesome! Oh, and even though I TRIED to run the NYE 5K, it was canceled while we were all standing soaking wet at the start line. Apparently lightening is a party pooper. Oh well, I tried.

No comments:

Post a Comment