Monday, January 31, 2011

Taking "selfish" to an all new level.

I think I used to be a giver. Have a baby? I'd like to bring you a casserole. Football Saturday? I'm making white chicken chili and cornbread, come on over! Need a babysitter? I'd love to!

Well, I have been so incredibly selfish lately. I've been through a lot so I am cutting myself some slack about it, but I hope to share my life with someone special someday (sooner rather than later, where are you at mister?!?) and I hope the giver in me makes a comeback. Although I need a better balance next go-round with the give and take ratio.

Maybe I am not really selfish, but bored. It just seems that all I ever do is stuff for me. Saturday, my mom and I walked the Green Mountain Nature Trail so I guess that wasn't totally selfish. Yesterday, I ran a couple of miles, grocery shopped, cooked for myself for the week, and then went to tan for the first time in a long time (I swore it off, but I needed some color so I caved). Today I went to work, but when I got off work I ran a couple more miles, tanned again, and then went and got a mani/pedi. Tomorrow I plan to run and then go get my eyebrows waxed. Wednesday is wine/painting with my favorite gals. Thursday I'll run and tan. Friday I am getting highlights and another Brazilian Blowout (and heck, let's just throw in some more running and tanning). See, kinda all about "me". Am I being selfish, or is this just what single people do?

Here's the other thing. If this is all completely selfish, I don't give a rip. I'm really enjoying it (insert evil laugh). So there!

One more silly note: My blog is a year old! This whole blog thing started with a totally opposite theme, but I'm still Season and so it continues...

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you are being selfish, I just think that you are focusing on yourself right now and you should. As married women we tend to neglect ourselves in deference to taking care of everyone else. Enjoy your you time and don't feel bad about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're not being selfish Season! Take advantage of this time. Before you know it, you'll have to share your "Season time" with someone else who wants you to be all domesticated again. It'll be worth it when you do fall in love, but enjoy your time with YOU now! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete