Friday, December 31, 2010

Setting my New Year's Resolutions

One of the great things about blogging is the permanent record of things you want to hold yourself accountable for...once you put it out there, you just have to do it. I have several goals/resolutions for 2011, all mostly selfish:

1. Outdoor Adventure - I want to go hiking, kayaking, whitewater rafting, and possibly even ziplining again. I want to spend a lot of time outdoors, getting fresh air, and seeing new places.

2. Running/Jogging - I want to run the Cotton Row and the Ribbon Run 5K's without stopping to walk once.

3. Work - I haven't really felt on my A-game with work lately and I want to improve that (we'll blame that on the divorce, but that excuse will no longer apply in 2011...new year, new and improved me).

4. Reading - I would like to read at least 2 books per month. I'm always taking suggestions if anyone is even reading this.

5. Beach - I will make time to dip my toes in the sand on at least 2 beach trips this year.

6. Diet and Exercise - I don't plan to make any changes because I am already doing really good in this department, but I want to stay on the same path that I am on now. I hope to lose 25 lbs by my birthday in May and 25 more by the end of 2011. Lofty goals, but I mean business!

7. Denim - In 2011 I WILL fit into a pair of European-sized designer jeans (I'm thinking Joe's Jeans).

8. Relax - I plan to totally get my money's worth out of my apartment pool. I'll probably look like Snooki by the time September 2011 rolls around. I plan to wear sunscreen, no lectures needed.

9. Friendship - My friends have all been so supportive of me, and lately I really haven't been the kind of friend I normally like to think of myself as being. I haven't done anything bad to anyone, but I just haven't really done anything. I want to be more thoughtful in 2011 and show my dear friends how much I care about them.

10. Dreams and Expectations - I can't remember where I read, heard, or saw this, but I am going to stop praying for the end result (the loving husband, 2.5 children, and a white picket fence)...I am just going to pray for the next step. In 2011, I would like to go on a date with a nice guy...that's it.

Ok, so I just put it all out there. Starting tomorrow, I've got a lot of work to do. Technically, I'm starting tonight with the midnight 5K run.

Happy New Year to everyone!! Best wishes for the best year ever!

1 comment:

  1. I think that those are great goals! I just finished The Wolves of Andover. Great book I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete