Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hope it keeps coming off!

Last night I went to a local bar called The Nook with some gal pals. This place isn't one of those wild and crazy bars...it's a calm place for beer snobs (and it is smoke-free which I LOVE). I don't drink a whole lot, a glass of wine here and there but the older I get the worse I feel in the morning...with me, one drink can make for a mild hangover. Anyway, I actually had 2 beers last night and they were very good! I don't remember what the first beer was (it was good, but no lasting impression), but the second beer was a peach lambic and it tasted like peach juice. Very tasty. Their menu is HUGE...it's worth going just for interesting conversation. I left feeling like I learned a little bit.

So, I woke up this morning down 2 more pounds! I am now only 6 lbs away from my year-end goal...all in all I've lost 21 lbs since the divorce. I'm not stressed anymore either so that is not reason for the weight coming off. Know what I think it is? For years (even though my ex and I did have some good times), I masked everything with a casserole. I know that sounds silly, but when things at home are not right it seems as if you can repair things with a good meal. Cooking made me feel like things were normal.

Feelings hurt? Broccoli Cheese and Rice Casserole.

Losing trust? Sausage Cream Cheese Squares.

Argument with tears? Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, Sister Shubert rolls, and a sour cream pound cake.

It all adds up and in the end you look in the mirror and wonder what the heck happened. I'm glad I can look back and see this so I never do a repeat. I think I am now finding my happy weight...the weight I should have been all along had I not been looking for Paula Deen's cure.

No comments:

Post a Comment