Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I've been a reading fool!

Ok, so any and all workouts have completely gone out the window in lieu of reading. I have been reading so much! I blame it on the awesome book suggestions I've been getting from all my friends (Facebook provides a wonderful opportunity to share recommendations of all kinds). I know these blog entries about reading, books, etc. may be a little boring...I'm sure my garden pictures/captions were a little more entertaining. BUT, the last two books I read were so profound that I just want to "go tell it on the mountain" and beg everyone to read these books. First, Same Kind of Different As Me: A Modern-Day Slave, an International Art Dealer, and the Unlikely Woman Who Bound Them Together by Ron Hall, Denver Moore, and Lynn Vincent was such an inspiring book. Just when I was ready to declare it my favorite book of all time (which is pretty amazing in itself...I've read my share of wonderful books), I started another book. Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers was also an extraordinary book. I don't want to give any details of these books because my synopsis just won't do them justice, I just plead that everyone read them ASAP! God's love is so powerful.

Not to take away from any of the above, but I guess diet alone is working and I am only 8 lbs away from my year end goal. I even lost weight over Thanksgiving (crazy, I know!). So, I've got to get down to business. I actually recently purchased P90X (brand new, off Craigslist, whoop whoop!) and I have yet to start it. I've just got to suck it up and get to it. I hope it doesn't make me beef up...eek!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the suggestions I'm going to check those out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What kind of diet are you doing? My friend, Summer, from Believing Boldly blog just posted a healthy diet that her husband has been doing. I'm not able to work out right b/c of my upcoming surgery, so I'm totally trying to figure out the healthy way to change my eating habits. Suggestions based on your success?

    ReplyDelete