Sunday, November 28, 2010

Reading Detour

I am still reading Decision Points by George W. Bush but I had to take a temporary detour and read Patti Stanger's Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate. The book recommend came from a very sweet high school friend that sent me a very thoughtful message. Anyway, it was a very good book. Most of it was obvious information, but it was helpful for getting me in the mindset of dating again.

The thing about dating after a divorce that I think will be weird is not bringing up the past. Granted, I know that it wouldn't be healthy or productive to dredge up old relationship issues and discuss those on the first (or second, or third) date. BUT, how do I let someone get to know me without occasionally mentioning the past 10 years of my life. Seems weird. I'm sure I'll figure it out. On a funny note, a co-worker told me the other day that I am a real catch. Wanna know why he thinks I am a catch? I come fully equipped with health insurance. ha! So, if my cheery personality doesn't reel them in I guess I have something else to sweeten the pot. Nice.

1 comment:

  1. bahahaha! Love it! Who knew health insurance was such a turn on!

    ReplyDelete