Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Still boycotting all things domestic, in a happy non-bitter way.

It's so weird that I still haven't cooked. I did fry an egg the other day and I'll make a piece of toast every few days, but that's as far as I've taken it. I have been following the Zone Diet (when not dining out, which I need to stop doing so much of) and my protein is usually deli meat, my carbs are fruits and veggies (uncooked), and my fat is almonds. Sounds kind of boring, but when I stick to it I end up feeling like a million bucks. It is by far the best way to eat...it's not really a diet, just how we all should be eating in the first place.

Even though I am watching what I eat, I am still getting excited about my favorite holiday, Thanksgiving (although I will be forced to make sweet potato casserole to take to our family dinner, which totally breaks my non-cooking trend). I am normally thinking about my Christmas shopping now, making my list and checking it twice. I am usually already itching to get my Christmas decor/tree up (which I have no interest in this year). I haven't really thought about it much. Funny though, I am not dreading the holidays like people may expect. Maybe this new single lifestyle that I am getting used to is helping me relax a little bit. My future is unknown and I can't really be the annoying list-making planner that I've always been. Plus, after Christmas is the best thing ever...a brand new year! I am definitely not wishing my holidays away but I am looking forward to an exciting 2011. Bring on the turkey and dressin', the Christmas music, and a festive cocktail to start the new year!

1 comment:

  1. Season - The undomesticated version of you is just as fabulous as the cooking, gardening, sewing you. YOU are a truly amazing person no matter what your hobby is! I say buy a store bought sweet potato casserole! Love you sister!

    ReplyDelete