Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Blessings of Friendship

Sometimes when one is going through a major life change, it is easy to focus on the negative and scary aspects of transition. While I have my moments, it is really hard for me to have a pity party because I am surrounded by so many wonderful friends. Sometimes I wonder how I got so lucky.

Friendships come in varying degrees of closeness and purpose, but all are meaningful in their own way. Some friends are great if you need a good cry and want to show vulnerability. Some friends tell it like it is, force you to realize your worth (and even tell you when you are dead wrong). Some friends are great for a good time...when you don't really want to have a deep talk. Some come out of the woodwork to share a similar experience just so you know you aren't alone and offer some encouragement. Some just pray for you.

There are people in my life that represent the above descriptions. A few of my friends have many or all of these qualities. So, I am thankful for all of the dear friendships I share.

1 comment: