Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Making New Year's Eve a little less awkward

It's no secret that I am 110% ready for 2011 (I mean seriously, it's all I talk about these days). I've been thinking about how I would ring in the new year and I have been stumped. I wanted to do something fun, but most all of my friends are coupled up. This isn't usually a problem because I can hang with the best of them, but on New Year's Eve there is always that midnight kiss and I am just not up for the awkwardness this year. Maybe it's not a big deal, but the thought was giving me the hives. My friend Kari had mentioned a midnight 5K run for charity a few weeks ago and I dismissed that idea...I can't run in the cold (heck, I can barely run in comfortable temps). Well, fast forward to the week of New Year's Eve and the weather is going to be in the 60s on Friday!!! So, I will be doing the midnight run!!! I am so excited! What a wonderful way to begin what I hope and pray will be a wonderful fresh year for me!? Added bonus - since the race doesn't start until 11:30pm and I am a total slow poke, I will still be running at midnight...translation: there will be no awkward kissy moment. Ahhhh, relief!

Because I like to assess my skillz (ha!) before I publicly humiliate myself, I left work a little early today because I wanted to run/walk 3.1 miles just to see where I stand. Of course I can't run all of it, but I surprised myself with how much I pushed myself. I went on the Indian Creek Greenway (the Providence stretch) and there was still snow on the ground. It was beautiful (even though my lungs were burning). I even had to take a couple of pictures because I love the colonial look of the homes in Providence with the snow on the ground.

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment