Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Top 10 Moments of 2010

Now that 2010 is almost over, I wanted to recap my top 10 moments/events of the year (in no particular order).

1. Gardening - This was so much fun and I am so glad to know I can grow food. I will definitely revisit this once I buy another house (which I hope to do soon...it's on my 1-2 year plan). Oh, how I will miss those German Johnson heirloom tomatoes this year, and the squash, and the zucchini, and the strawberries, and the blueberries...you get the point. I'll have it all again one day, mark my words!

2. Ziplining - This was so intense and challenging! I hated every minute of it in the moment, but would do it again in a heartbeat. I just can't explain it.

3. Babysitting - I did a lot of babysitting in 2010 and had a blast. My friends all have the cutest kiddos...so glad they trust me!

4. Walking - I saw a lot of greenways/trails this year. I didn't walk as much as I would have liked but I did walk at least once on every greenway in Huntsville. I think my favorite is the Aldridge Creek Greenway...it's so pretty and I love sitting on the benches when once you finally make it to the Tennessee River!

5. Cake making - Although it is a huge messy pain in the bootay, I am glad I conquered a tiered fondant cake. Marking that off the bucket list! Duff from Ace of Cakes, you have my respect man!

6. Kayaking - My happy hour Girl's Night Out float on the Flint River was hilarious! Must revisit this again in 2011.

7. Dipping out of the Cotton Row - Not my proudest moment, but definitely funny. I was at home eating a hot dog off the grill before my friends knew I was missing. ha!

8. iPhone - Shout-out to technology, but getting my iPhone was a definite highlight of 2010. It may be lame to get that pumped about a phone, but I love it so there!

9. Roadtrip to Florida with my mom - Even though the death of my dear Uncle Al was not the best scenario for a roadtrip, my mom and I enjoyed ourselves on the roadtrip from Huntsville, AL to Deerfield Beach, FL. Sure, 13 hours one way sounds grueling, but my mom is a hoot and we laughed and laughed and laughed the whole way down and back. I am so thankful for that time with her.

10. Independence - My life is so different now at the end of 2010 vs. the beginning of 2010. However, I am kind of proud of myself for getting through it all with a smile on my face. Today while out on a jog, I totally had one of those stupid Oprah "ah-ha" moments. I'm strong and tough and happy. Can't beat that, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment