Sunday, April 4, 2010

Happy Easter!

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

I spent the entire day outside. Not a traditional Easter holiday, but I enjoyed myself and got a lot accomplished. The weather has been beautiful and I just can't get enough of it! All of my hosta plants are coming out (I love hosta...give it some shade and it is impossible to kill).

Photobucket

My blueberry bush has cute little buds...

Photobucket

My plum tree also has little leaves and flowers...

Photobucket

I pushed mowed the backyard...that was a workout. Our starter is out in our riding lawnmower so while that is under repair we got a basic push mower...plus, I think we needed it in our backyard because it is much easier to maneuver around my raised garden beds. Who needs a gym membership when you have one of these bad boys? Oh, and this sucker is NOT self-propelled...it is truly a PUSH mower.

Photobucket

Today I planted my tomato, strawberries, and banana peppers in my Topsy Turvys. I tried to hang the plants on the shepherd's hooks but they were too heavy, so I had to go on Home Depot trip #2 to get brackets to hang on our fence posts. It turned out better actually because this will free up some room in my raised beds (ignore my freaky shadow).

Photobucket

I didn't want to waste the shepherd's hooks so I hung my basil, sweet basil, and lemon basil from them in the corner of the yard...Kevin will plant the rosemary nearby tomorrow. I guess this will be my herb corner.

Photobucket

Photobucket

My composting is going well too. I enjoy composting much more than I thought. We even started recycling (aren't we green?). It looks gross, but when I start planting it will be Heaven sent!

Photobucket

I planted a couple of tomato plants in the ground (yes I know...it's probably too early). If we get a frost, I will cover them with plastic and pray. I also put out my onion sets (red, yellow, and shallot).

Photobucket

Also, I went ahead and put up my bean trellis. I'll plant the beans in a couple of weeks.

Photobucket

Tonight for dinner we grilled kabobs and corn on the grill. I also roasted some veggies in the oven (eggplant, squash, and cauliflower) and made a lemon cake.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This is my sweaty, sexy hubby. He's been working hard today too!

Photobucket

Tomorrow I will finish up my information systems class with a presentation. I guess I better go get all of the dirt out from under my nails so I can look somewhat professional. By the looks of it, you'd never know I had a manicure yesterday.

Goodnight!

2 comments:

  1. My O.C.D. wife had my body hotter than GEORGIA asphalt slaving in the sun, just look at the wet shirt above. Well nothing comes easy so may the home-made salsa that were growing make your eyes water and your taste buds scream pure pleasure. She has worked so hard and its paying off, just like everthing she does in life, thats why I'm proud to be her Husband for life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your hubby is so sweet. I love him!
    Ok your bean trellis is awesome. Please tell me how to do that?

    ReplyDelete