Sunday, April 4, 2010

Accepting my weaknesses.

Gardening lesson learned #1 - Indoor seed germination is no talent of mine. Call me a gardening cheater, but my tomatoes, strawberries, and peppers will be purchased in plant form and transplanted in my garden. I'll still plant my seeds for everything else directly in the ground, but peat pots and seed starter will no longer be a spring purchase for our house. My friend Melina has had a lot of luck with her indoor seeds (she also purchased a grow lamp and that may be helping). Check out her plants...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Now check out my plants...epic fail (insert Debbie Downer sound effect).

Photobucket

Photobucket

I knew going into this gardening experiment that I would have several defeats, but I am still excited about moving forward. Don't cry for me, I'll be ok. ha!

1 comment:

  1. I bought a grow light and a heat mat. That was totally the reason why. My other plants looked the same way (the little kit we bought). :)

    ReplyDelete