Friday, June 25, 2010

Hostile Takeover turned Garden Sacrifice

Sure, it's only June...but I've already got pumpkins.  Crazy!  I should probably do a little research to find out why this happened so soon, but I am never going to grow pumpkins again so I really don't care.  Aren't they cute?  Too bad they'll be a rotting mess before the trick-or-treaters arrive.  Oh well.


Let me tell you why I am never going to grow pumpkins ever again.  My back yard was beginning to look like a serious commercial-grade pumpkin patch.  Unless I wanted to set up a distributor agreement with Wal-Mart, the pumpkins had to go...in order to save everything else in my garden.  Pumpkin vines are aggressive, sprawling, and get tangled in all of the other plants.  With a pair of shears and my bare hands (ouch...they are kinda prickly too!), I tore up all the pumpkin plants and said my goodbyes.  So sad, but it wasn't meant to be.  Check out the carnage...it's not pretty.


On a happy note, I have a new little garden friend.  What shall I name this sweet little gnome?

No comments:

Post a Comment