Sunday, June 27, 2010

Who takes perfectly healthy organically grown vegetables and turns them into cheesy carbohydrates? Me.

Today I gathered up all of my ripe veggies (I use an orange Home Depot paint bucket, it doubles as a garden stool...I never said I was fancy).  Lots of tomatoes today!


I am already getting a little tired of zucchini in its pure form, so I started searching for some recipes.  I thought about making zucchini bread, but (believe it or not) my sweet tooth is pretty calm today.  So, I started searching for a savory zucchini bread recipe.  This is what I found and it is delicious!  I took a couple of pics  (I seriously recommend trying this one!)



Tonight we are having a tough piece of meat for dinner (note to self: research cuts of meat so we don't have to go through this again), baked potatoes, zucchini bread, and broiled tomatoes.  My Aunt Glenda made these broiled tomatoes for me when I visited last spring.  I searched for a similar recipe and this is what I found.  So good (a real winner if you like horseradish...if not, you may want to find another recipe).  Here they are!!


That's all I've got, off to get ready for Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment