Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

This morning we woke up to beautiful snow. The flakes were huge and it was really coming down (for Alabama standards). I decided to take a picture of my snow covered soon-to-be garden.

Photobucket

Kevin and I were planning on getting take-out from one of our favorite restaurants and enjoying the evening in. I think we may just stay home today and watch the Olympics. It's not the most romantic of plans, but I really do think my favorite times are spent in comfy clothes with Kevin and Stoli (our super-spoiled Maltese).

Since I have a ton of the pork shoulder left over from yesterday, I decided to make 16 bean soup with it. Who doesn't like comfort food when there is snow on the ground? I'm soaking my beans as I type.

Photobucket

Happy Valentine's Day to all!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a lot of snow for Alabama standards!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here you go... http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/main/w-global/w-news/w-latest_news/w-news-outdoor-peeing-could-activate-a-composting-revolution.htm
    This should boost your garden!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo...I'm going to try this! You should too! http://www.alpharubicon.com/primitive/epsomll4e.htm

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura - These links are very interesting! Not sure about the peeing :), but the epsom salt idea is neat-o! Plus, I already have some! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete