Friday, February 19, 2010

Mother Earth

My friend Melina (my partner in newbie gardening crime) gave me a very thoughtful gift... a "Mother Earth News" magazine subscription.

Photobucket

It's a pretty cool magazine! My first issue has a really neat article on tomatoes...who knew there were SOOOO many types of tomatoes!?! There are a couple of "Al Gore"ish articles (which Melina warned me about), but for the most part there is a lot of good information. This new subscription is something else gardening related that I can get excited about. We've had a doozie of a winter and I am ready for spring. This weekend we have pretty weather in the forecast and highs the high 50/60s, so I have plans to be outside. Melina and I are going to set up her raised beds and the lasagna layers. She is even going to do one stacked raised bed so that she can plant some of the root vegetables that require more soil depth. I will try to remember to take some pictures of her beds too. This should be fun!

1 comment: