Saturday, March 20, 2010

It's Sew Fun!

Tonight I made a skirt! I must admit, I am very proud of myself. I think this may be another new hobby for me (don't worry, my garden comes first!). After a hectic week, I think I feel a little more relaxed after spending Friday night with my sewing machine.

This is the pattern I used...the "one hour" note on the cover is a mean lie. It took me 4.5 hours from start to finish. I think I could get it down to 2.5 hours with no breaks and more experience...we'll see, I plan to do this again.

Photobucket

This is the finished skirt...the colors are brown, greens, blues, and white. Plus, I love paisley prints.

Photobucket

On the gardening front, my seedlings are coming along. Check out my tomato seedlings...

Photobucket

I spent some time with all the seedlings last night, thinning them out and making sure they had enough water. My strawberries are doing good too...much better than the bizarre way they started out. I can't wait to put these in the Topsy Turvy!

Photobucket

It is 1:15am here and Melina is meeting me at 8:30am. Eek! I better get to bed! We are going to go to Sir's Fabric in Fayetteville and also swinging by Bennett's Nursery (of course to check out their plants). It should be a fun-filled day!

Nighty-Night!

No comments:

Post a Comment