Saturday, May 15, 2010

Busy Summer Day

Today was a very busy, but very nice Summer day. This morning, I went to my mom's house to help her with her front flower beds. Her house is currently on the market and we needed to spruce things up a bit (curb appeal is important!). It is amazing how fresh mulch can perk up some flower beds. We planted 4 shrubs, removed some excess flowers, trimmed her boxwoods, and put out fresh mulch. Hopefully this will be exactly what is needed to get an offer.

Photobucket

We also went to see their new house and it is so nice! I think it will be perfect for her and my stepdad, Mark, to enjoy for many more years!

After I finished up with my mom, I had to go home and scrub the dirt off. Kevin and I had dinner plans at Pauli's for my birthday dinner. We ate so much, and it was delicious!!! You name it, we had it...it was truly a meal of a lifetime. This is a blurry picture, but we love each other and I want to post it anyway.

Photobucket

Once we were done with dinner, we decided to head home. On our way, we made a pit-stop at our friend's house (Hobbs...he is great) because Kevin has been wanting to show me his garden. Ummm, I have major garden envy now! His garden is amazing! He has about 50 tomato plants!! This is an aerial view from his deck (this is just part of his garden,he has more tomato plants in the backyard)...I am still in awe!

Photobucket

I should also mention that Hobbs gifted me with a cute little banana tree. It will never bear fruit because of our climate, but it is lovely and I am excited to have a new plant from a dear friend.

We are home now and have decided to have a slumber party with our dog in the basement. We are stuffed!

No comments:

Post a Comment