Saturday, May 1, 2010

We're Jammin'!

My garden is coming along nicely. I thought I would share a few pictures of how it is looking so far.

Photobucket

Also, I have a few baby tomatoes in my topsy turvy. I love it!

Photobucket

This morning I got up on a mission...I made my first jam! Melina picked up a bucket of strawberries from a fruit stand for me and that is what I used. These berries were beautiful!

Photobucket

I followed the instructions at this awesome site to make the jam. The Pioneer Woman rocks...I highly suggest her website.

This is my setup...just the basics for hot water bath canning.

Photobucket

These are all of my finished jam jars. I had some left over and put it on a biscuit...pretty tasty!

Photobucket

Nothin' but love in these jars!

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Season~ I am not sure if I should hate you or love you. I checked out that Pioneer Woman site and got lost in the site for days! I became an addict. The recipes are giong to be great, though... can't wait to try some.

    ReplyDelete